Around 1 in 3 people get Covid with no symptoms. These people are still able spread on the infection. Testing regularly twice a week is an effective way of identifying people with Covid who would have otherwise not known that they were infectious. If people test positive and self-isolate then it stops the virus spreading.
You can collect a box of lateral flow test kits from Monkbar Pharmacy for free.
- One box contain 7 tests. This should last 3 weeks (plus one test extra).
- Maximum of 4 boxes per transaction (One box per person).
- There is no minimum age for usage of the test kits. However please avoid sending children to collect the test kits.
- Please be aware we will ask you some questions about the usage of the kits and who the kits are for. This data is sent to the NHS.
- If you need assistance with using the tests or need help processing the results of the test you can ring 119.
- If you get a positive result using the Lateral Flow Test kits then you can follow this up with a PCR test to confirm this is an accurate result.
- The tests provide a result within 30 minutes of taking the test. The test involves rubbing a cotton swab on your tonsils or inside your nose.
- If you do test positive, you and anyone you live with will need to self-isolate.
For more information visit here