COVID-19 is more serious in older people and those with certain underlying health conditions.
For these reasons, people aged 75 years and over, those in care homes, and those aged five years and over with a weakened immune system, are being offered a spring booster of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Book your covid vaccine through the NHS website or ring 119
Please note that currently Monkbar Pharmacy staff cannot book an appointments for Covid vaccines. Appointments can only be booked by doing either of the two methods above.
If Monkbar Pharmacy does not appear on the list of vaccination centres then that means we do not have any available appointments. Please check back again soon because appointments are regularly released.
For all the latest Government advice, please CLICK HERE to visit the Governments official Coronavirus website
How Monkbar Pharmacy will operate during the COVID-19 pandemic
- We will try to remain open for normal opening hours as far as possible but we may well need to close for some of our hours should we experience significant staff shortages
- You can keep up to date with our changes by: Following our Facebook page
- Our staff are protected behind a glass screen.
- All our staff wear face masks at all times
- Staff must comply to social distancing where possible
- Staff must wash their hands on entry and exit and throughout the day
- There is alcohol gel on every work bench
- There are multiple hand sanitising stations for customers and patients
- Pharmacists are able to see patients via video call
- We offer a delivery service to all patients that request it
- Vaccinations are administered in a purpose-built consultation room
- Contactless/card preferred. Cash accepted.
- We charge £4 per delivery to those in York
- Please request a delivery by emailing us on: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call the pharmacy but please be aware that we are experiencing a very high volume of calls so if you are able to email.
- Please be aware that our delivery drivers will be operating a zero-contact delivery system. They will place the item on the doorstep and step away. You will be required to open the door, confirm your name, the name on the prescription and the address and take the medication in prior to the delivery person walking away. We will not be posting any medication through your letterbox or leaving in a safe place.